Monday, November 2, 2009

Birthday Girl

Yes, it is my birthday. The big 28. Everything after 18 is big. Every time November 2nd comes around I happen to reminisce on days gone by and what the future holds. I know its kind of cheesey..but doesn't everyone. A birthday come around and you think...."well, this year I'm going to get things done, go on a nice vacation, spend more time with loved ones..." and so on. Most people probably do that around the New Years.


I didn't think in 6th grade that I would be around to get married much less have kids. I looked forward to being 18 years old. I guess I thought after 18 it didn't matter how old you were anymore. I didn't really look forward to being 16 either which now looking back was kind of strange with the sweet 16 and all.

Here am I in 6th grade. I had long hair almost to my waist and kept it in a ponytail most of the time..ok..all of the time...OK, OK..I still do. Some things never change. See how dark I was? Tanning beds were not invented then...or if they were, they were not cool. This is all natural from the sun.
Graduation 2000. Still have the hair pulled back. I had just received a gift from my brother. My very own camera!!! I loved that camera..still do. That was before digital.
September 2009. I looked and looked for a recent picture of myself and this is what I found. I gained a few pounds, OK a lot of pounds, but its still me.

Happy Birthday to me.



1 comment: