Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Waxing leaves

Hello y'all!!!!! I know it's been a while since I've posted anything however, I wanted to show you guys a really simple way to get outside and enjoy the weather with your kids, kick up some leaves and then teach the kids about seasons. I saw this on another blog called Clover Lane. You can go to http://www.memoriesoncloverlane.blogspot.com/ and check out her site. I have posted my own instructions. Believe me they are really simple.

The first step is to get outside!!! This picture was taken at around 6pm. See how dark it is already? I really am disappointed that fall is here and winter is around the corner. Don't get me wrong. I really love the fall weather, falling leaves, changing colors, crisp air, fall harvest...however, this year it seemed like summer was upon us and gone before I had a chance to enjoy it fully.

Anyway, don't get down and upset because of me. It really could be the fact that I live in Seattle and its rainy and gloomy for most of the year.

Take a look at these little bugs so happy to be outside and kicking up the leaves. Sararuth heard for the first time how it sounds to walk on fallen leaves. It was really great to see her eyes light up with delight.

Now for the second faze of our project of delight. Get a really ugly pan. One that you wont regret throwing away, and put your bar of wax on it. Set the burner to low and watch it melt. Of course during this stage you want to be careful of any little bodies or fingers. You can buy the wax at any store. I think my husband bought it at Safeway. Then carefully put your leaf, stem first, into the wax and turn over a few times. I probably didn't have to tell you that, but I like complete instructions.





Like so...
Then put them to dry on some wax paper. I put wax paper on newspaper then the leaves on top.
Then apply to whatever surface you like. Here is a picture of my sons room. He wasn't home when I did this, I can't wait to see his face!!

No comments:

Post a Comment